Friday 21 June 2013

OOTD - Monochromatic

Today has been a pretty lazy day so far, aside from our undertaking a flat-wide clean which was well overdue! Reflecting this, my outfit today is a relaxed, simple affair, pairing a drop-hem top I bought in the Topshop S/S'13 sale yesterday with some old leggings and flats.






























I'd been hankering after this top for a while; I thought the simplicity of the cut was quite flattering and striking, so when I saw it had been marked down to £12 I was pretty happy! I'll share my other two purchases with you later on this week...



























My leggings are (again) Topshop, although they were a second-hand find. I absolutely adore the antler pattern on them, and I've never really found anything similar ever since. I'm not a big fan of digitally printed leggings of the likes of Black Milk, so the more traditional-esque print of these really appealed to me. 

Speaking of antlers, Adam sent me a link to this amazing silver antler ring on Etsy, made by the shop AetherDesign. It's so pretty! Might have to start hinting around the time of my birthday...





























My shoes were an absolute steal - £1! They're actually slippers, from the New Look sleepwear range, and they're also odd sizes... sometimes having odd feet can come in handy! It does feel a little cheeky sometimes wearing slippers outside as shoes, but I think I can pass them off. They're a lovely black velvet with fluffy insides and big bows on the toe - super cute!
























Lastly; this ring is my most recent internet purchase, from the Urban Outfitters Summer sale preview that took place a couple of days ago. Despite my love for this ring (I've had my eye on it for ages) I do feel a little cheated by the store - they offered customers who were part of their mailing list the chance to shop a preview of their summer sale at 30% off the original price. With my usual naivety I assumed that when the actual sale started it would be the same idea; 30% off all items, however I discovered that if I had waited a couple of days until the actual sale had started I would have got 50% off the ring, which I don't feel is entirely fair, given the misleading advertising of the preview sale as being 'special' and 'exclusive'.

It still wasn't particularly expensive, but I definitely won't be falling for that trick again! Has anyone else been made to feel a little stupid by online shopping?

Emily x


No comments:

Post a Comment