Monday 24 June 2013

Glasgow - House of Holland and Forever 21

I took a trip into Glasgow with my Mum yesterday, as I haven't been able to spend time with her much since I moved out. We were both excited to take to the shops and do what we both love! We would have originally ventured outside of the high street and taken a look at some of the amazing vintage shops that Glasgow has to offer, however unbeknownst to us there was a cycle race taking place in the city centre, which limited our exploring somewhat..

As a present for passing my university exams, my mum bought me this amazing House of Holland dress from the Urban Outfitters sale!







































I love the 90s vibe and the unusual, vibrant colours - and it fits perfectly as a slick, body-con style at midi length. Usually I would be a little loath to spend £70 on a tie-dye dress when the technique is so easily done at home, but the quality of material and fit really sold this dress to me (and my Mum)!

























After taking a break in a lovely little cafe/bar called Vroni's, we headed over to take a look at the new Forever 21 store on Buchanan Street. I've wanted to check it out for a while, to gauge the quality of the clothing and the design. I wasn't surprised with the lack of quality materials and in some cases slightly dated design, however I was pleasantly surprised with their jewellery and shoes, and their basics which are cheap yet have a good, clean, simple and even sometimes expensive-looking aesthetic.

After having a wander around the impressively well laid-out and attractive store, I came away with three purchases which will be useful for mixing and matching with different outfits.
























This simple t-shirt hangs really nicely and is made in a lovely, soft synthetic material which is incredibly lightweight. I bought it for £8.40, which I thought was pretty reasonable. I love the little pocket detail too!























Lastly, I found this little black skinny faux-leather belt for £1, which will be eternally useful, and these awesome wire triangle earrings were an affordable £2.40.

I'm sure I'll feature all of these in future posts!

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment