Saturday 5 October 2013

Reminiscence

Moving back home has been a strange experience; today I went for a walk with Adam down to the shore of the river Forth, and remembered how pretty my hometown can actually be. It was a great excuse to give my new coat an outing too!







































I've been wearing a lot of dark, Autumnal colours recently - I tend to prefer wearing dark colours anyway so when October comes I'm sure to make the most of the excuse! I got this amazing black woolen coat from Cos when I was in Manchester a few weeks ago. It's a perfect classic 60s cut, with cropped sleeves, and it hangs beautifully.





























My dress is from H&M, whose collections of simple yet edgy shift dresses I've been very impressed with recently. It's a t-shirt dress shape with lovely, comfy black textured material and a dark grey chiffon strip folded down the middle. It's the perfect length too; at just above the knee there's no chance of it blowing up in the Edinburgh breeze! I'm also wearing my Dune boots, featured in this post.



















































































This lovely necklace I received as a gift for my 18th birthday. I'm super excited for Hallowe'en this year and it has an amazingly witchy vibe.





























I'll be featuring this and two other dresses in another post, as soon as I get another chance for some decent shots! It's so dark in Scotland at this time of year that prime photo opportunities are hard to come by.

Also, as a final note: I'm so excited to have been selected as a finalist for the Edinburgh Model Search competition, as mentioned in my previous post! A modelling contract always seemed a bit of an unreachable dream for me, so even to be asked to take part was so exciting. The final will be on Thurday 10th October, so I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Emily x

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting into the finals! How many other girls are you up against? I have a feeling you'll beat them all :) You totally deserve a modelling contract either way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! I was up against nine other girls, they were all amazing and so talented :) Ah thank you sweetpea, I really hope they get back in contact! xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for possibility to write on your website,it's great!I’m still hoping there will be more posts on this site.

    Visit Our Website

    ReplyDelete