Friday 5 July 2013

A Quiet Night In

This week and last have been very long and tiring, due to Adam's late finishes while working at the Edinburgh Film Festival, and to my working almost every day in Topshop, and so I haven't had a spare minute to post on here! I've been itching to get back to writing, however tonight's post is a relatively short one about nothing in particular.

Speaking of Adam's involvement with the Festival, he managed to bring me along to a couple of exciting events; there was always a magnificent creative buzz in the air. I met most of the guest services team who look after all of the guest filmmakers and actors - they were amazing people. I even got the chance to chat to some of the guests! One highlight of Adam's was meeting his personal hero, the legendary animator Richard Williams. Adam's on the far right in the photo below, his colleague Ian is in the middle and Richard Williams on the left.


















Any of you who haven't seen any of Richard's amazing animation should take a look at this trailer for the 'recobbled' cut of The Thief and the Cobbler, a film in which he pushed every boundary of what animation was thought to be capable of at the time. Bear in mind that this is solely hand-drawn animation, drawn on ones, and was almost 30 years in the making.

Here's a photo of Adam and myself at one of the after parties for staff and guests.



Thankfully, I now have three days off work! This weekend I'm working once again as a model for Edinburgh-based hairdressers Cheynes, by taking part in a photoshoot this Sunday. I'm excited to see what they create with my mop of hair this time, and will definitely post photos of the finished result, as well as some from the shoot.

Tomorrow is also the night of the wedding that I mentioned before in my 'Summer Florals' post - so I'll be posting my outfit over the weekend.

Finally, I'm excited to be working on another little shoot with Louise from Love from Lou Lou in the coming days! Keep your eyes peeled for our latest collaboration sometime next week (hopefully).

For now, however, I'm having a quiet night in sitting munching M&M's and watching Joe Wright's Pride and Prejudice (yet again).



That scene... *sigh*

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment