Wednesday 12 June 2013

OOTD - Bella Freud






Last year I had the pleasure of going to see the Elysium Concept Show at Oxford Fashion Week, which was an amazing experience; I had never been near to Oxford before and so getting to explore the city and also see some of the more avant-garde and experimental pieces on show during the Week was something special indeed. I also purchased this jumper while I was there, which was from a little pop-up Bella Freud boutique! 




























I love the hand-stitched lettering and the quality feel of the wool, and the slogan design is one you just wouldn't see from any other designer. 

My skirt was a find at a vintage and handmade clothes fair in Edinburgh - Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair. I kind of grudged buying it a little as a skirt like this would be so easy to make myself; however I loved the pattern of the fabric and it wasn't too expensive... 






























Lastly, my shoes (excuse the awful picture) are from Zara. They look absolutely terrifyingly difficult to walk in, but they're actually pretty easy, as long as you're on flat ground. The ankle straps give really good support and, as I mentioned in my OOTD 'Oriental' post, they really do lengthen the leg. Zara is one of favourite places on the high street for shoes - they're always so well made and classy yet reasonably priced, and never too embellished or overthought, just simple and good design. 

Emily x

2 comments:

  1. I love your sweater! Nice design & words! ;D

    www.aiiness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ines! I love it so much, it's whimsical and happy. Looking forward to your next blog post!

      Delete