Saturday 13 July 2013

OOTD - The Perfect Shorts




























Shorts - MONSOON
Shirt - TOPSHOP
Boots - TOPSHOP
Belt - FOREVER 21

This is the first OOTD I've had the time (and cause) to do in so long! Here in Edinburgh we've been having an incredibly unusual spell of boiling hot weather, and as a religious wearer of year-round winter clothes I've been struggling with the temperatures. I figured I better buy some summer gear, and came across these amazing shorts! I wore this outfit for my shift at Topshop today.
























They were a bit of an unusual find actually; they were from Monsoon, which is somewhere I never usually shop, as their products (although beautiful) aren't really to my taste. However, I popped in the other day and found this lone pair of perfect shorts in the sale! They're not too short, which is a big thing for me as I hate being paranoid about having my bum on show. They're a little too big but I love the oversized look this gives, emphasised by the big turn-up cuffs.
I think I'll scour the charity shops for a thicker black belt to wear with them though, as this little skinny one tends to creep up above the waistline, as you can see in the photo above.







































Here they are without tights (daring!) and paired with a sweet little grey crop I found in the New Look sale for £7.

























Finally, my shoes today are from Topshop. I adore their badass, grungy vibe, and they're super comfy as they're not that high.

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment