Thursday 30 May 2013

OOTD - Vaudeville & Burlesque

Hi guys!

This is the first of (hopefully) many ootd posts you'll see on my blog.
In Edinburgh today it's reverted back to the standard grey/rainy weather, so I thought I'd brighten things up with some spring florals in the form of this wonderful Vaudeville & Burlesque dress!



























I have to admit that this dress was a bit of a cheeky steal... In my local branch of Urban Outfitters all of  these dresses happened to have been labelled wrongly with a price of £10, instead of their RRP £85! I didn't realise this until after I got home and looked up the brand, having never heard of them before. I did feel a little bad, but getting a beautiful, quality dress for nearly 1/10th of the price it should have been was pretty amazing luck.

I ended up pairing the dress with the Gerard Darel jacket I found at Emmaus, which I wrote about in my previous post.


Apologies for the slightly blurred image - I still don't have a tripod at my flat and so had to make do with some wobbly books and a make-up palette to prop up my camera.

My shoes are Topshop, they're not on the website anymore however you can find similar ones here.


There's no jewellery in this look because I haven't managed to cart any over from home to my new flat yet.. *sigh* However, I do think the dress really speaks for itself.

Anyway, off to splash about in the rain!

Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment